Monday, October 6, 2008

Patting myself on the back...

Discovering interesting links was probably my favourite part of the Web 2.0 experience. I'm an information junkie. I have a recurring daydream where my 'essence' is broken down into a mathematical formula and programmed into the net, to wander for eternity through the world's computer systems and ultimately reaching 42 through my own calculations. I've been reading too much science fiction and cyberpunk.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this programme, it reaffirmed my love of the internet and the role it plays in our lives. I am more convinced than ever of the increasing role and importance of technology in the future of libraries.

This was fun. Looking forward to Web 3.0....

Added Later: Popping in to link to a shocking report on iPhone abuse.

Oxbridge Lectures play on iTunes. Oxford and Cambridge University are to make lectures by leading academics available through iTunes, and will include the work of Nobel prize-winning academics as well as "150 hours of video and audio material of lectures and ideas from "world-leading thinkers"."

1 comment:

NSL Training Support Team said...

You have made a wonderful blog - lovely images, interesting snippets of extra information and relating your extensive web experiences. Thank you for sharing it all with us. It was such a pleasure reading your blog. Congratulations!