Monday, August 4, 2008

So much information.

It's everywhere, and it can be a problem to keep track of all the news, sports, weather and blogs you follow. This is where RSS, a web feed, can help by checking your subscribed feeds for any updates, and downloading them automatically to your reader or email.


Google Reader is a good example of a feed reader. I have found it easy to use and organise.

I created a Bloglines account and subscribed to a number of feeds, but I must say that while similar to my Google Reader, I prefer the latter. Ease of use, and perhaps familiarity, influenced my choice. I also joined Technorati and favourited (modern internet terminology, really...) a few blogs, and have added a link button on my page that would enable browsers, the human variety, to add my blog to their feeds.

Interesting...
2008 National Book Festival Podcasts include interviews with R.L.Stine,Sharon M. Draper, Arthur Frommer and Pauline Frommer, and others.

No comments: